Thought I’d just make a new post to mention the fact I am now proceeding forward with WCell and moving it in the future as best I can, WCell was starting to get very stagnant and I am not going to allow that to happen.
WCell will now be running a policy of, if you want to stay in WCell then be active, otherwise you will get knocked down a peg until you end up a standard public user, if anyone feels like joining WCell’s now fast pace moving status then feel free I am always interested in getting new developers on board etc especially at this kind of time.
Over the next few days I’ll probably start to look at cleaning up old lists of users and staff since its just a pile of outdated mess, after which the wiki is the next focus to cleanup and actually have as a more helpful complete resource for new developers and users alike.
Current outstanding sufficiently active developers which won’t be removed or made a community moderator are myself and Davy/Pepsi1x1
Proceeding on from that point — WCell’s Future
This is a simple list of how WCell will be moving forward and its improve development and livelyness.
- Clean out the old lists and inactive developers , or set as community moderators.
- Clean up the wiki and re-write old articles to be more user & developer friendly, add alot more documentation for new parts of WCell.
- Recruit any new developers who are interested in working on WCell & work with them to help them understand it.
- WCell is now working with quite a few new developers and a new team overall, who are now working on WCell’s code and any custom mods will be done as WCell.Flux from Blaze Of Destruction ( in the same kind of fashion as WCell.Heroes)
- Work on getting the various sites used, http://bugs.wcell.org http://builds.wcell.org http://paste.wcell.org etc
- Develop a brand new WCell specific Pastebin which will have a more advanced site rather than the current simplistic downloaded php script.
- Integration via Addon from WCell to the pastebin (exception reports for example)
- Integration via Addon with Jira (bugs.wcell.org) for reporting bugs ingame, or exceptions and giving steps to reproduce which can auto-pastebin the log & link it to the bug report.
- Many many more things which I will write more posts about!
- As ever you are always welcome to come talk to us in #wcell on quakenet
More to come, watch this space!
If you want to contact us for anything at all, use email@example.com